What is Zotero?
- Zotero allows you to collect and organize data on books, journal articles, and other resources.
- After collecting this information, Zotero can then create a bibliography for you in almost any citation style you desire! APA, AMA, MLA, and Chicago are just a handful of styles that Zotero knows.
- Zotero also has a couple of other neat tricks up its sleeve. You can store any files or documents (up to 100mb) and you can even download an entire web-page for viewing offline later.
Tutorials and Guides
The following links are guides made by Zotero and can be found under the support tab at the Zotero Website.
YouTube Video Tutorials
The following video shows you how to install Firefox and Zotero on either a Mac or Windows machine (click on the YouTube logo or the Full Screen button at the bottom right to make the video larger).
Links to each of the following downloads can be found at Zotero
Zotero is a plug-in for Mozilla's Firefox web browser so to get up and running you need three things.
1. The recommended version of Mozilla's Firefox.
2. Zotero plug-in for Firefox.
3. Zotero account (Registration link)
4. (optional) Word Processor plug-in for Firefox.
- There are word processor plug-ins for Microsoft Word (Windows or OS X) and for OpenOffice, LibreOffice, and NeoOffice. These plug-ins allow Zotero to format the citations for the word processor you are using, so this plug-in is highly recommended.