Quick Statistics by Country
What are you comparing? Your independent variables include history, geography, demography, economy, political institutions, interest groups, and the citizenry of any state. Begin with a database; you can then locate various statistics on the web.
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO) White and gray literature: Articles and reports on international affairs. Includes scholarly articles, papers from university research institutes and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundation-funded research projects, and conference proceedings. 1991-
- CountryWatch provides critical country-specific intelligence and data.
- PAIS International Key index: Public administration. Publications from 120+ countries indexing journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, and conference reports. Covers the public and social policy literature with a subject focus on public administration, including social conditions and public policy for a range of disciplines. 1915-
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts Key index: international serials literature and core journals in political science and related fields. Covers international relations, sociology, and law. Contains merged backfiles of Political Science Abstracts and ABC POL SC. Over 1,700+ titles; 67% published outside the United States. 1975-
- Lexis-Nexis Academic Search full-text for hundreds of international newspapers. Coverage varies.
California State University, Los Angeles
Office Hours: Monday 2-4, Tuesday 2-4 & by appointment
Office: LIB N 2021
Text: 213-295-0265 or email email@example.com