Many library databases provide high quality company information and data. To access library databases, go to the library web homepage (library.calstatela.edu), and select Databases under the OneSearch box.
- MarketLine provides company and industry insight on a global scale. It is a comprehensive collection of company, industry and country information extending across all continents and every major industry. MarketLine provides company reports, statistical modeling functions, interactive reports and databases along with an integrated news service updated on a daily basis. The Company Reports includes the following company information: Business Description, History, Key Employees and Biographies, Company View, Locations and Subsidiaries, SWOT Analysis, Revenue Analysis, Key Competitors, Major Products and Services.
- Business Source Premier In addition to covering the Company Reports, the database provides index and full text for more than 3,000 scholarly business journals, including full text for nearly 1000 peer-reviewed business publications. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business.
- Factiva provides companies information and general news including the same day news from publications such as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. It covers over 300,000 company codes and 8,000 publications.
- Mergent Intellect offers access to private and public U.S and international business data, industry news, facts and figures, executive contact information, the ability to access industry profiles, and job search solution.
- Mergent Online contains information for 25,000 U.S. public companies (active and inactive) listed on the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ exchanges and 20,000 non-U.S. companies. Company coverage includes: history, mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, business, property, subsidiaries, officers and directors, news reports, long-term debt, bond ratings, capital stock, exchange and ticker symbol, annual stock price ranges, registrar, transfer agent, stock splits, dividend payment history, income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet, contact information, auditors, and qualified auditors report.
- MorningStar Investment Research Center
Provides investment information on mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds, and more. It provides data on over 14,500 stocks, 24,800 mutual funds, 1,500 exchange-traded funds, and 700 closed end funds, as well as analyst reports on over 3,500 securities, offering in-depth background and analyst opinions on top investments. Morningstar® Investment Research Center allows students and faculty to conduct in-depth research for course assignments and personal investing needs. It features:
- Screening tools for funds, stocks, and ETFs
- Customizable charts with historical pricing data
- Tools to help students build and analyze model portfolios
- Articles and videos from Morningstar analysts Real-time data
- ReferenceUSA offers detailed information on over 15 million companies and over 260 million consumers including job and internship searches. Information includes name of business, address, telephone number, headquarters, branches and subsidiaries identification, SIC codes, yellow pages headings, ticker symbol, credit rating, number of employees, and estimated sales volume. ReferenceUSA can also be used to create maps and charts of business locations.
For more information on company research, please visit library database pages for Business, Management, Economics & Statistics, Marketing and Finance.
To search for library books in both electronic and print formats, follow the steps below:
- Go to library web (library.calstatela.edu), enter keywords of your choice in the OneSearch box
- At the result page, click Books under Material Type on the left of the screen
- You will see a list of books (ebook or print book) available in the library.
- You can further narrow your search down by Subject, Publication Date, Language, and more