About Special Collections & Archives
Welcome to the John F. Kennedy Memorial Library Special Collections & Archives
Special Collections Contains & Archives:
Rare and/or unique Library materials
Select CSULA archives
Distinctive, topical, collections that enhance educational resources
The mission of Special Collections & Archives, California State University, Los Angeles is to support the discovery, learning and engagement goals of the University by identifying, acquiring, perserving, and providing access to primary research materials of enduring value in support of the academic mission of the university, the educational and research needs of the CSULA academic community, scholars, and the research community at large.
- Appraise, collect, preserve, organize, describe and make available to researchers papers of historical, legal, fiscal, and administrative value.
- Maintain facilities for the retention and preservation of these papers.
- Provide information services that will assist in the operation of the University.
- Serve scholarship by encouraging the use of the collections by members of the University and the research community at large.
- Promote knowledge and understanding of the history, origins, aims, programs, and goals of the University and the history of the surrounding East Los Angeles Community.
The Staff of Special Collections & Archives appraises, arranges, and describes these materials for the purpose of preserving them and making them accessible to both the CSULA community and the research community at large.
The department maintains these research materials separately from the library's general stack collections due to their rare and/or unique qualities, physical condition, and format. Materials in Special Collections do not circulate outside the department.
Special Collections & Archives Staff Directory
Azalea Camacho Head of Special Collections & Archives (323) 343-3977
University Library Archivist firstname.lastname@example.org
Vincent Barraza Digitization Projects Assistant (323) 343-3976
Library Service Specialist III email@example.com
Lorenzo Rams Student Assistant
Anabel Garcia-Romo Student Assistant
Amalia Castaneda Student Assistant
Allina Nunley Student Assistant
M. Thomas Castor Student Assistant
Saloni Chacha Student Assistant
Hours & Location
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 1:00 pm;
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday
Reading Room is located on the 2nd floor, Library Palmer wing, room 2079.
Exhibits are on display in the Special Collections Reading Room and on the 1st floor Library North throughout the year.
Please stop by to see our current exhibits:
Special Collections & Archives, John F. Kennedy Memorial Library Presents A Cabinet of Curious Things - Special Collections Reading Room Palmer Wing 2nd floor
Roy Harris and the Bicentennial Symphony - Special Collections Reading Room Palmer Wing 2nd floor
The Legacy of Ruben Salazar: A Man of his words, a man of his time - Library North 1st floor