About Special Collections & Archives
Welcome to the University Library Special Collections & Archives
Special Collections Contains & Archives:
Rare and/or unique Library materials
Select Cal State LA Archives
Distinctive, topical, collections that enhance educational resources
The mission of Special Collections & Archives, California State University, Los Angeles is to support the discovery, learning and engagement goals of the University by identifying, acquiring, perserving, and providing access to primary research materials of enduring value in support of the academic mission of the university, the educational and research needs of the Cal State LA academic community, scholars, and the research community at large.
- Appraise, collect, preserve, organize, describe and make available to researchers papers of historical, legal, fiscal, and administrative value.
- Maintain facilities for the retention and preservation of these papers.
- Provide information services that will assist in the operation of the University.
- Serve scholarship by encouraging the use of the collections by members of the University and the research community at large.
- Promote knowledge and understanding of the history, origins, aims, programs, and goals of the University and the history of the surrounding East Los Angeles Community.
The Staff of Special Collections & Archives appraises, arranges, and describes these materials for the purpose of preserving them and making them accessible to both the CSULA community and the research community at large.
The department maintains these research materials separately from the library's general stack collections due to their rare and/or unique qualities, physical condition, and format. Materials in Special Collections do not circulate outside the department.
Special Collections & Archives Staff Directory
Azalea Camacho Head of Special Collections & Archives (323) 343-3977
University Library Archivist firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorenzo Rams Student Assistant
Amalia Castaneda Student Assistant
Allina Nunley Student Assistant
M. Thomas Castor Student Assistant
Saloni Chacha Student Assistant
Anabel Garcia-Romo Volunteer
Christina De La Vega Volunteer
Lybbyer Martiniez Volunteer
Hours & Location
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday
Reading Room is located on the 2nd floor, Library Palmer wing, room 2079.
Exhibits are on display in the Special Collections Reading Room and on the 1st floor Library North throughout the year.
Please stop by the Special Collections Reading Room to see our roatating displays.
El Pueblo de Wyvernwood: The Memories, the Movement, and the Struggles Continue
September 28 - December 11, 2015
Library North 1st floor