Searching the catalog
Catalog tip: The most efficient way to determine the scope of your topic is by LC Heading (Library of Congress subject heading).
Use the Library's online catalog to find items and their location. Consider the following subjects: Try: International Relations and 56 related headings; also; International Relations--Research. Also: International Organization and 16 related headings, including Non-governmental organizations (subdivided by country). Also try: International Economic Relations; International finance; World politics—1989-; Strategic materials – government policy; International economic relations and 10 related subject headings. Also: Globalization.
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO) White and gray literature: Articles and reports on international affairs. Includes scholarly articles, papers from university research institutes and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundation-funded research projects, and conference proceedings. 1991-
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts Key index covering the international serials literature and core journals in political science and related fields, including international relations, sociology, and law. Contains merged backfiles of Political Science Abstracts and ABC POL SC. Over 1,700+ titles; 67% published outside the United States. 1975-
- CountryWatch provides critical country-specific intelligence and data.
- Military and Government Collection Political science, government, international relations and military - full-text for nearly 300 journals. Coverage: varies
- PAIS International Key index: Publications from 120+ countries indexing journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, and conference reports. Covers the public and social policy literature with a subject focus on public administration, including social conditions and public policy for a range of disciplines. 1915-
- Lexis-Nexis Academic Search full-text for hundreds of international newspapers. Coverage varies.
IR Research Guide
California State University, Los Angeles
Office Hours: Tuesday 1:30-3:30 and Wednesday 1:30-3:30 & by appointment
Office: LIB N 2021
Phone # 323-343-5168 or email email@example.com