Why do you need to evaluate?
While the Internet contains a wealth of information, it also contains a lot of incorrect information, sometimes purposefully.
- There is a lack of central authority -- essentially, anyone can publish anything they want to publish.
- Web pages are often biased, contain mistakes and outright lies.
- It is often difficult to ascertain authorship/sponsorship.
- Information on web pages can easily be changed, because the authors have constant access to their materials, unlike print publishing.
- There may not be any permanency -- the content, style and location of sites can change.
- Information may be removed from context--one can skip over introductory pages that may include information on the web site.