Spring 2017 Cases
BUS 4970 Panel Research
Researching your company for the BUS 4970 panel involves using multiple databases in order to put together a complete picture of a company's strategic direction, financial strength and market position. The ultimate purpose it to gather as much relevant intelligence as possible in order to make an informed critique of their existing strategy while at the same time being able to offer refinements or new ones in order to ensure competitive strength.The following guide will give you easy access to the databases and resources you'll need to prepare for your BUS 4970 panel. The research is not really the complicated or time consuming part. The real heavy lifting is reading, analyzing and applying what you gather. If you have questions or problems see me during office hours or contact me via email or text (in the box under my picture.) Good luck!
Best thing to read: The 10K. Focus on items 1, 1A and 7. These will provide an indepth description of strategy and financial performance. Also, check out recent 10Q's or quarterly filings. Read item 2 for a snapshop of where the company is at the moment. Finaly, check out 8K's for recent material events that effect the compnay's execution of strategy and stock performance.
- Ticker PNRA
- SIC Code 5812
- FY 2016 10-K
- Will most likely file their quarterly results for Q1 FY 2017 in the next few weeks. Keep an eye on their investor relations page for this. Currently there is a call and rpess release detailing first quarter 2017 so check those at invetor relations as well.
- Best Marketline industry report: Global Foodservice
- Ticker LULU
- SIC Code 5621
- Lulu Investor Relations
- Lululemon is expected to announce their FY 2016 performance in a week or two. Their FY 2016 10-K will most likely be filed by end of March. I'll update this link when available.
- Best Marketline industry report: Global Apparel Retail
- Ticker LUV
- SIC Code 45
- FY 2016 10-K
- They could file a quarterly report in the weeks ahead, but unlikley. You should keep checking their investor relations page to see if they report any advance or earnings in the weeks ahead.
- Best Marketline industry report: Global Airlines
Office: LN 1018A
Office Hours Spring 2017:
Text (769-287-1015) or email (email@example.com) to schedule an appt.